Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2013

A little slice of home

Home really is where the heart is, and whilst I'm adamant that London won't be my permanent home, a little piece of a heavenly home is what we're beginning to create here.
It's taken us almost 10 months to put pictures on the wall, but as I say you really need to live in a place to get a feel for where things belong (even if new-build style homes don't have an overtly unique presence or feel), before you can just start hammering away (Also, life has been really busy, so creative neglect are the words that come to mind, sad but true).

But creativity for my home, here I come! I even said to Filip the other day, I'd gladly pass up a holiday to buy some new furniture instead. Because home is really where the heart is, and I'm in the beginnings of sinking my teeth into my new home ;)

Here's a few of my favourite pieces I've stumbled across days of late, so stay tuned and I'll be sure to post some pics when it's looking a little more considered :)

P.S The major challenge also we've faced has been that London's apartments aren't overly spacious. So finding pieces to complete the home without cramping it's style, has been trickier than I thought. But I'm always up for a challenge, so I hope it turns out A OK!













For the wishlist - the fonteyn series is fab-o from Made.com 
(Sadly for us our place is too small for this media unit)

Made.com £549

Loving the red and blue infusion of colour here!
Made.com £269.









Cannot wait to buy this gem of a chair - I love that it doesn't restrict you with arm rests.
Cant wait to curl up in this divine little piece.
Made.com £169



      
     Made.com £249


                                   

                       
A good old Ikea favourite for the bedside.
I kinda wish it had more space for another drawer but I love the
rustic feel and the placement of things underneath.
Ikea £40
Ikea £90





My other favourite piece from Ikea - needing to change our coffee table from rectangular to round. I think this solves the problem :)

Not sure this will entirely work for this home, but love the storage
space infused with a bookshelf.
Habitat £200

And lastly - the media unit I think will solve the issue of wall sockets being placed in the wrong spot. 

Habitat £150

1 comment:

  1. lovely to see your home interior decor skills! I hope that we get to visit your home sweet home in London before you set off somewhere new... I know wherever you two do settle down, you will be sure to make it feel like home <3

    ReplyDelete