Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2013

A little bit of.....Culture Fever

So life has been busy busy busy...... After an intense December/January period of studying and working really hard (Prince 2 Project Management course and gaining my Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK - this entailed studying for an exam that is all about life in the UK, and a trip up Sheffield with a wait of 4-5hours!), I finally really feel free. Free to enjoy life again and explore and really do the things I love and want to do, rather than have to do - February I spent recovering I think...well kind of......

I enrolled into Swedish lessons officially to really truly and finally grasp Swedish! After learning Swedish from my friend Caroline, way back in 2008, I then met Filip at the end of 2009 and could mumble a few sentences....it must have impressed him enough cos we've made it this far :) But a few sentences doesn’t feel satisfying enough...especially when one day we plan to have some mini Swedes running around! So I leapt out of January's study time straight into Swedish lessons once a week at London's Kings College. It's been really good - I still don’t feel that I’m much better than I was before, and the late nights are kicking my butt, but I'm in the process and for me that is a good enough start. So officially Jag lär mig...I'm learning!

I'm also doing yoga again which I LOVE LOVE LOVE! I stumbled across Yotopia when Filip and I lived in Leicester Square. I used to be taught by the amazing and beautiful Eunice Laurel at Pineapple Studios but when she went on Maternity Leave I knew I needed to find something/someone to fill her shoes...and boy was that to be a challenge! But Yotopia did more than fill the gap. It's changed the way I do yoga in that, I breathe far more out of yoga than I ever used to, and the focus for me is really carried out of class now in a way it wasnt before. Maybe it's just me who's changed and grown a bit, but it feels (as I say to Filip all the time when I'm trying to nag him to come along too) that I can breathe true fresh air. Like its new oxygen in my body...odd maybe...but it really is an amzing feeling whatever it is! I've managed to drag a number of friends along, and have really just found the piece to the puzzle for now...Katie, my fave teacher at Yotopia is also soon to be on maternity leave, so whilst I'm so excited for her to be on an amzing journey ahead, am selfishly sad I'm to lose another amazing and inspirational teacher....I think I'll just absorb as much yoga as I possibly can until she heads off for the next journey in her life.

So with all of that said, that's taking up some time in my week, and making me although tired - feel good i'm so active and able to get out into London and find these gems in my life....It makes me appreicate the time I spend at home a whole lot more, and then also the time i spend with Filip too...I miss him the most but am just finding so much value in London, far more than before. With that kind of feeling circling my life at the moemnt, I've also booked Filip and I tickets to see BalletBoyz at Sadlers Wells nmext week, and I am SO excited to see some DANCE again. It ahs been way too long, and I'm just so hoping this show re-ignites a passion for live and good preformance, as Im thinking it will!

So what next.....or what more....I've still a llong list of goals to achieve, and classes to take, and sights to see. And of course, I'll be sure to update you all on that soon.

Have a wonderful week!

P.S Stay tuned to see what I get Filip for his birthday this year...I love birthdays so much and I love the art of being creative in gifts, so definitely stay tuned for this one!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment