Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Thought of the day...

So Spring has arrived into London. FINALLY! I finally got to sit in the park at lunchtime, and relax without worrying the rain would hit, or the wind would pick up etc. It was perfection in its finest. I will indeed be writing more on this later, but London in the sunshine, is one of the world's greatest cities, and today I was well and truly reminded of that fact. Utter bliss...for the lunch break at least :)


So my thought for the day was triggered last night during my homesick little melt down. Am well and truly over it now, but in the brief 'break-down' moment, I felt really a world apart from my 'people'. For any avid Grey's Anatomy fans (me being the biggest one), they have 'people' who utterly can understand what they're going through without words, or any mere form of communication. It's an understanding that resonates within the atmosphere of their existence, and I have that with many of my family and friends who are based in the absolute form of overseas lands you can get. They really couldn't get further if they tried....or more like I couldn't further from them considering I was the one who left my beautiful country to explore elsewhere.


Isolation can be a terrifying feeling to experience, and especially when vulnerability is already running wild on you as it is. So my thought for today, is to remember people - not just 'your people' but all people. I know that I'm often looked at as being highly responsible, well organised and structured and as a result a strong and independent woman, and whilst that can be an accurate description and view point, I still have moments and most importantly need to feel loved and remembered, as I try and do in my relationships also. It's important to just pick up the phone, write a quick text or send a brief email to say rather simply.
'I'm just thinking of you today, and I hope all is well wherever you are.' It will make someone’s day, so keep it in mind, and don't lose site of the fact that sometimes our assumptions can be apt and correct and sometimes they can be oh so wrong, and that person you view as being strong and independent, may just need you in their life...even if only for a virtual second.

1 comment:

  1. Is it weird that as you were having this homesick breakdown and you have been oddly on my mind almost every second this week. Like this weird feeling that I needed to talk to you and needed you to be just a short walk or drive or plane flight away so that we could hang out? I think we were mentally in tune this week.

    ReplyDelete