Pages

Friday 20 April 2012

Eye Spy...ME

What is ME time?…Mary Engelbreit time of course.
I first stumbled across this amazing and distinctive illustrator when I was a child. My aunt lives in America, and used to send calendars and desk diaries to my grandmother and mother in NZ. Nana was soon labelled after one of Mary’s greatest characters ‘The Queen of Everything’, which then meant my Aunt and my Mum were the 'Princesses of Quite a Lot', and so on.
Nana LOVES Mary, and I soon began to not be able to get through a year, without Mary’s fabulous creations also.
Every year I buy myself and my family a new calendar and whatever other items I can get my hands on without being too over the top for my boyfriend’s liking (I now buy for his Mum too) and set myself up with a new and exciting year.
Mary’s affirmations, whether they be her own or from the great of the greats, have filled the lives of the women in my family with joy, laughter and unbreakable hope that life is a ok, and will continue to be so. Mary has turned simple products into a family tradition for me, and I hope will continue to be passed down and continued on. ME time will be centred around a quote of the day from Mary’s Day-to-Day calendar I bought for 2012. I hope you enjoy and get as much joy as I do from seeing what the next day will bring….

No comments:

Post a Comment