Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Totally rested!

I feel rested.
You’d think so at least after a 4day weekend over Easter! But I feel genuinely rested in myself too.
It’s been personally a bit strenuous days of late, and I finally feel that I’ve caught my breath the last couple of days. I made the heart wrenching decision not to go to Sweden and spend Easter with our family, due to just really needing some ‘Shae’ time, and I feel so glad, that not only did I get that time, but I got the support to have that time too
.
In the daily grind, we get so get up with the ‘I should’ self-guilt, that the support of my family meant I could just really catch my breath.  I’ve had the time to reflect and realise I sometimes strive for perfection – in a draining way and I’ve felt depleted because of that expectation. Imperfection is far easier to achieve, and in actuality the flaws we host within ourselves, give us the character and the lessons learned we reflect upon. So I’m grateful for the few days in London where I could see the imperfect flaws within myself and my life lined up to give me peace, rather than pressure – such a renewed feeling. I guess in the spiritual terminology – that is exactly what Easter is about! Anyway…..

So through pictures, you can see all of my mini adventures over the weekend. Not having anywhere set to be, other than where I chose. This included a lot of just relaxing and strolling, a fab lunch with my adopted London sister and her beautiful family, a jazz concert adventure with a great friend from school, and each
day consisting of a much needed sleep in. Total London goodies - the trick is to just have your eyes open and available to take the sights in....I even stumbled across a fort, near London Wall - a true fort totally unbeknown to me



Nothing like good good music :)

 

    
A sign of Spring!
It even led me to today – heading out in the blue clear sky to sit in Regents Park. I ate lunch, read my book and just took the time out, allowing me to hear the park sounds of birds, and squirrels and the wind air blowing in the trees. Sounds cheesy – most likely – but once you get that balance back in life, and remove the hustle and bustle – life stills for short moments, which I’m currently aiming to find on a more constant basis. Today transported me back to NZ with memories of school lunches sitting under the trees with the sun shining and hearing that same park noise. Made me miss home, giving me such a clear reminder, and similar feeling of stillness.
Just perfection really. Perfection in its natural form J

No comments:

Post a Comment